Wouldn’t you love to bring that same flash of creative instinct & ingenuity displayed in your projects to your business? Of course you would! So why is it such brilliance and creative genius often eludes us as business owners? Why does it feel we’re missing our usual magic and panache when it comes to the business side of things? Must it be such a struggle?
It doesn’t have to be. Now is the time to tap into your creative potential as an entrepreneur. Now is the time to create your business breakthrough plan and put it into action, and it starts with a vision of success on your terms.
Focus on the life and business you want to create; something that works for you. Know what you really want and take action, whether or not you feel fear or doubt. I’ve found that the only way to move past doubt or fear is by taking action. “What’s the worst that can happen?” I think, and the answer comes back ‘Likely nothing worse than that which I’ve already faced and have overcome.’
If I think the worst that can happen is that absolutely nothing will change, that unnerves me. Imagine … NOTHING CHANGES. Stagnate energy. As entrepreneurs and business owners, we need expansive, creative energy, movement, growth. If you’re feeling the weight and pressure of stagnate energy, the only way to get things moving is to take action.
“Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.” – Goethe
It’s time for you as an entrepreneur and business owner to get some of this genius, power and magic now. Let’s start with some bold goals. Imagine creating a life that works for you. You’re doing what you enjoy, working the way you want, when you want. You have time for a personal life and the things you enjoy doing. What does your life look like?
- How are you spending your time?
- Where are you working?
- When are you working?
- Who are you with?
- Who retains your talents & skills?
- What services and/or products are you offering?
- What are you paying yourself?
Running a business loses its luster when you end up creating a ‘job’ for yourself. It’s important to focus on how you want to work and to create that vision for yourself. You must also know what success means to you. What would it mean to live your ideal life? Here are some examples:
- Having family and friends who love and support you
- Being happy, healthy and fit
- Having the money you want so you can live the way you want
- Have a nice home, car, clothes, etc.
- Travel, experiencing new places and interesting people
- Having the types of experiences you’d like e.g. films, theater, concerts
- Being of service, providing value and being appreciated for it.
Now consider success on your terms as an entrepreneur. Let’s keep this simple with one question … where do you want to end up?
- Breaking through to 6 figures
- Having a real business, not an expensive hobby
- Working on better design projects
- With ideal clients who appreciate your gifts and talents
- Enjoying more free time and the lifestyle you desire
When you know what success means to you and you’ve combined that with a clear vision, you can accomplish anything. And this knowledge and resolve is what keeps you taking action, boldly moving forward towards that vision. You’ve already begun and taken a bold step forward. Can’t you just feel the creative genius, power and magic in that?