Are you looking for simple, effective and doable ways to get 3 clients or new projects now? By “now” I mean today and within a week. Are you in? Great!
Let me share a few simple secrets, starting with this key point: Know who you’re marketing to. If you haven’t already defined your target market and ideal client, go do that now. If you have, read on.
- Get out there! Hang out where your ideal client hangs out. Need an in? Hang out where those who are already working with your ideal client hang out.
- Where do you think the majority of next month’s business will come from? What is your best source for new business? That’s right, your existing clients! Ask for referrals.
- Lose the industry speak. Tell clients about the problems you solve for them (e.g. creating a beautiful, comfortable and functional space their active family and pets can enjoy), not the ways you do it (e.g. space planning).
- Think outside the box and package what you do in a way that’s unique to you and the clients you serve.
- Stop doing too much. Since we’re talking in terms of 3, let’s start by developing laser-like focus and concentrating on a maximum of 3 marketing strategies. You’ll automatically become more efficient and effective.
- Send a letter, card or an email providing an introduction to your ‘new’ specialty. Reach out to existing clients and contacts as well as those with the same target market, ideal client or niche; e.g. personal trainers, assistants and concierge services, event planners, florists, specialty and luxury travel agents.
- Pick up the phone! Make 10 calls every day to clients, reps, vendors, and service providers.
- Give referrals to others – other colleagues and professionals in your social circle and networking groups. Be a center of influence, provide endless referrals and be top of mind.
- Do what resonates with you, not what everyone else is doing or what you think you should be doing.
- Be consistent. This helps you to remain top of mind with your ideal clients, which makes it easier to ask for testimonials & referrals.
- Look for additional ways to engage with your customers. Share your expertise with information that will spread to potential ideal clients.
There are certainly more ways to get clients, but what can you do right now, today, this week and next to get 3 new clients now? Write down the top 3 things you can do. Now write down 3 things you will do today. Simple, effective and doable? Yes … but only if you do those 3 things. Now get to it and get those 3 clients now!