On this episode of Power Up Living, host Kelly Galea interviews Gillian Pritchett about a topic many of us in the “sandwich generation” find ourselves faced with. How can we take care of our own financial situation as caring caregivers?
Why is Gillian so passionate about this topic? After an international corporate career spanning many years, Gillian solved a redundancy situation by emigrating from the UK to Canada where she rapidly got hired to a senior position in a corporate travel company. After 9/11 she again faced redundancy, moved back to Montreal and into marketing. After her father died in 2005, she started a consulting business in order to spend chunks of time each year with her mother. As her mum became frailer Gillian organised her life so that she could be her full time carer. Using her business – The Business Launchpad – as a platform she drew on her knowledge and business experience to create home study courses for people who wanted to start a business or run an existing business more efficiently and successfully. She is now developing a programme to help other caregivers who need an income whilst being at home to care for a loved one.
During this conversation, we’ll focus on two very specific groups of people that Gillian very much enjoys working with – the carer who needs an income and the former carer and people made redundant in later life. We’re going to look at their challenges and how Gillian is able to help. We’ll also look at how carers and older workers are treated – comparing North America and the UK.
Click on the player below to Listen Now or Get the Podcast on iTunes!
About our Guest
Gillian Pritchett is British-Canadian with a strong international business background in finance, mergers and acquisitions, strategic reviews, marketing and business consulting.
For the past few years she’s worked closely with people starting their own business – guiding them through all the stages of a business start-up from developing and evaluating ideas, setting up and running their business, managing the financial aspects and developing marketing strategies to get visibility and credibility.
Her online business – The Business Launchpad – offers a range of home study courses and mentoring programmes for people starting and running a business.
She also teaches marketing and business strategy courses on MBA programs in Montreal and Prague and runs a marketing company – Weird Fish Marketing.
Gillian is actually a chartered accountant and holds two Masters degrees, both by research, one in French Studies and the other in European Industrial Relations and HR. She has a diploma in marketing management from HEC Montréal.
- Join the Carer’s Revolution – To get the help and support you need as a carer or caregiver, check out Gillian’s membership group at www.IncomeforCarers.com
- You can have an income! This one is for caregivers, former caregivers, and people made redundant later in life: www.LetsStartaBusiness.org. Gillian is offering a special reduction of 25% on her home study courses and one-on-one work to everyone who listens to this interview. Go to www.LetsStartaBusiness.org and enter the coupon code kelly25.
- Business books Gillian recommends:
- Learn what it means to be Joyfully Jobless! Making a Living Without a Job, revised edition: Winning Ways for Creating Work That You Love by Barbara Winter (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0553386603)
- Be a Free Range Human: Escape the 9-5, Create a Life You Love and Still Pay the Bills by Marianne Cantwell
- The $100 Startup: Reinvent the Way You Make a Living, Do What You Love, and Create a New Future by
- Chris Guillebeau
The Abundance of Gratitude
Discover how to make more money and live a more fulfilled life
by creating a strong loyalty and connection with your clients and tribe…
and make a real difference within the world, for you and for your family by showing gratitude!
Join me and 20 inspiring industry experts as we share creative ways to appreciate your clients, attract more business and grow a million dollar enterprise.
Visit TheAbundanceOfGratitude.com to learn more and join us for this video summit.
What’s your favorite take-away from this episode? Share your comments below.
Want to check out more episodes of our radio shows? Click here.