Enjoy this recipe from Dr. Kristy Vermeulen, who is our guest on the next Power Up Living show. We’ll be talking about Dr. Kristy’s book, Happy Hormones, and the symptoms of hormone imbalance — particularly as we age. Join us tomorrow at Noon ET as Dr. Kristy tells why many symptoms considered normal as we age don’t have to be part of our experience. Get all the details here and tune in for “No, it’s Not a Normal Part of Aging”. ~KG
By Dr. Kristy Vermeulen, ND
Butternut Squash Curry served over a Bed of Fresh Spinach
Prep time: 20 minutes, cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 19oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- ⅓ cup raisins
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups spinach
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large pot. Add onions and cook for about 5 minutes, until soft. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add vegetable broth and butternut squash. Cover and let simmer for about 15 minutes, until squash is almost tender.
- Add zucchini, chickpeas, cumin, cayenne, curry powder, tomatoes and raisins to the squash mixture. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the butternut squash curry over a bed of fresh spinach.
I hope you enjoy it too!
If you would like more delicious recipes with corresponding weekly shopping lists check out my new happy hormone recipe collection HERE
About the Author
Dr. Kristy is a internationally recognized Naturopathic Doctor with an expertise in hormonal balancing. She has worked around the world with private practices in Europe and the United States. She is the author of the new book, Happy Hormones, which can be found on Amazon, Barnes and Noble and in many more book stores around the world.
Her approach to hormone balancing provides new insight into the field of integrative endocrinology by combining leading-edge science with advanced natural therapies in her practice, lectures and writings.
She helps hundreds of women overcome symptoms of hormone imbalance including PMS, low libido, fatigue, irritability, brain fog, weight gain and symptoms of menopause. She currently practices in San Francisco, CA.