On this episode, host Kelly Galea talks with David Howitt, CEO of Meriwether Group and author of HEED YOUR CALL: Integrating Myth, Science, Spirituality and Business.
In this energetic and spirited conversation, you’ll hear:
- David’s thoughts on how to live a fulfilling, uncompromising life.
- How this wonderful book came to be, and how it relates to Joseph Campbell’s Hero’s Journey.
- What it means to embrace the Power of “AND.”
- How Trust and Surrender factor in.
- More around the integration of myth, spirituality, business and science — and bridging the gap.
Plus lots more!
Click on the Listen Now button below to hear the replay or click on Get Podcast to listen on iTunes.
About our Guest
David is the founder & CEO of Meriwether Group. He is an inspiring thought leader and accomplished entrepreneur with more than 20 years of experience providing financial, strategic, and brand counsel to early stage and Fortune 100 companies. He has the unique ability to integrate vision and growth strategies with mission and purpose, and has provided guidance to Oregon Chai, Stumptown Coffee, Pendleton, adidas, Voodoo Doughnut, Salomon, yogitoes, Klim, Bloch, Dave’s Killer Bread, ABC Carpet & Home, Living Harvest, and many others. He has achieved success by following the principles outlined in his book, Heed Your Call. He affirms that by embracing the Power of “AND,” where we unite artistry and analytics, and integrate intuition with intellect, that we positively affect the way we live and the world around us. For more on Howitt and the Meriwether Group, please visit www.meriwethergroup.com.
1. Get the book! Heed Your Call: Integrating Myth, Science, Spirituality and Business.
2. Visit HeedYourCall.com for free gifts, including the 10-page manifesto David mentioned on our show.
3. Read both, adopt some of these constructs gently through the day. Have fun! and watch …
4. When you see the positive changes and results, show gratitude and share your thoughts & comments. Connect with David on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/heedyourcall.
- Start the morning right: Make a commitment to spend the first 10 minutes of each morning silent and still. This will help clear your mind and set the tone for the rest of the day.
- Define your challenges: Sit down with a pen and paper and spend 30-60 minutes thinking about and writing down your personal and professional obstacles.
- Identify what you want: David says that we tend to identify what we want by expressing what we don’t want. Focusing on the negative, what you don’t want, instead of the positive, what you do want, holds you back. Flip the narrative and become certain of what you do want.
- Feel it: Close your eyes and picture what you want. Imagine that you already have it. Focus on how it makes you feel in your body. Do you feel energized? Creative? Light? Boundless? Write it down; journal about this feeling.
- Make the feeling a reality: If you want to feel energized and light, stop doing things that make you feel sluggish and bogged down. Eat healthier meals, start an exercise regimen, rearrange your desk so it faces the window. These small choices will lead you to align with what you want. If you don’t shift your personal choices, your business won’t shift.
- Meet your mentors and guides: None of us is designed to embark on our journey alone. Once you commit to what you want, now you enroll your mentors and guides to show you how to improve. If you vow to eat healthier, visit a nutritionist. As an entrepreneur, if you want to spend more time with customers, but you are bogged down by the finances, hire an accountant. You are on your way!
What’s your favorite take-away from this episode? Share your comments below.
Want to check out more episodes of our radio shows? Click here.