As entrepreneurs, we decide to venture out on our own primarily for freedom – freedom to control our destiny, our time, our finances, where we live, who we work with. We quickly realize that without a few key things – business systems, a team and resources – our business will control us and rob us of the very things we desired for ourselves as entrepreneurs.
So what’s a busy entrepreneur to do? How do you meet the 24/7 needs of clients and prospects without burning yourself out working for your business?
Here are ideas:
- Make sure your website answers the questions most frequently asked by clients and prospects.
- Check that your website provides the information prospects want in order to “try you out”, such as photographs, articles, helpful information and resources.
- Include an online calendar showing available consultation and appointment times.
- Have a process in place to allow clients and prospects to schedule appointments and meetings.
- Include a way for clients to purchase your services, packages and products.
- Verify contact information. Does your site includes all the ways clients can get in touch with your firm (phone, email, social media)?
- Have an assistant (local or virtual) who monitors all points of contact and can respond in your absence.
- Establish a team of interns, assistants and project managers who allow you to focus on being the creative talent.
- Set up simple systems to manage business operations and processes, including sales and marketing activities, client intake, scheduling, order expediting, and client retention.
By creating systems for success and a business that works for you 24/7, you can meet and exceed client needs with ease, enjoy time invested working on your business, plus take advantage of your increased freedom as an entrepreneur.