On this episode of Power Up Living, host Kelly Galea interviews Dr. Donielle (Doni) Wilson, a nationally celebrated naturopathic doctor. We’re talking about The Stress Remedy and ways to help you make 2014 a year full of health and wellness.
Dr. Doni shares:
- How stress disrupts the body’s synergy
- A new definition of stress & ways it can actually be beneficial
- What “true mastery” looks like in achieving optimal health
- What role cortisol plays & how you can tell if your cortisol level is optimal
- Daily practices for eating to reduce stress
Start mastering the stress remedy by clicking one of the buttons below.
About our Guest
Dr. Donielle (Doni) Wilson, a nationally celebrated naturopathic doctor, teaches women, men and children how to make life-changing differences to improve their health using natural approaches.
Suffering from environmental and food allergies herself, Dr. Doni was inspired to create a specialized approach to food sensitivities and “eating for health” – The Hamptons Cleanse – a popular, gluten-free nutritional regimen that reduces inflammation, heals leaky gut (a digestive issue that leads to food sensitivities), supports detoxification and weight loss, and brings the body back to a state of optimal health.
In her new book, THE STRESS REMEDY, Dr. Doni discusses how and why we experience stress, its impact on health and wellbeing, and offers expert guidance on how to reduce stress and reclaim optimal health.
Dr. Doni graduated from Bastyr University and is a naturopathic doctor, certified professional midwife, and certified nutrition specialist. Dr. Doni is frequently called upon to discuss her approaches and her research related to stress in the media, as well as at both public and professional events.
She was awarded the New York Association of Naturopathic Doctors (NYANP) Naturopathic Doctor of the Year award and is well-respected in her field for serving as the President and Executive Director of the NYANP for the past ten years. She continues to play an instrumental role, leading the effort to license naturopathic medicine in New York State.
- Article contributed by Dr. Doni: 5 Stress-Busting Tips to Help You Make 2014 a Year Full of Health and Wellness
- More on stress and cortisol: http://doctordoni.com/2013/11/dr-donis-wellness-wisdom-your-adrenals-are-more-important-than-you-think.html
- Quick steps to balance blood sugar: http://doctordoni.com/2011/05/sugar-roller-coaster.html
- Are food sensitivities making you sick? http://doctordoni.com/2013/02/are-the-foods-you-are-eating-making-you-sick.html
Helpful Tools and Products (remember to check out The Stress Remedy for even more resources!)
- GPS for the Soul
This iPhone app measures your heart rate and heart rate variability, which taken together, indicate your level of balance and harmony.
- Tara Brach
Tara Brach is a leading western teacher of Buddhist meditation, emotional healing and spiritual awakening. She has created books, CDS and more to support you with meditation and relaxation.
- Stress-Fix ™ by Aveda
Stress-Fix ™ body lotion, concentrate, and soaking salts are all Ecocert certified organic. Their aroma, infused with French lavender, lavandin and clary sage from organic farms, is clinically proven to relieve feelings of stress.
- Rescue Remedy by Bach Flower Remedies
This is a mixture of flower remedies created by Dr. Bach to deal with emergencies and crisis moments.
What’s your favorite take-away from this episode? Share your comments below.
Want to check out more episodes of our radio shows? Click here.