Today’s post is courtesy of Lisa Crilley Mallis, our guest on the next Power Up Living show. We’ll be talking about multitasking and its “value” in the lives of busy professionals, entrepreneurs & business owners. Click here to learn more & to join us for this episode. ~KG
By Lisa Crilley Mallis
Will today be different from yesterday?
If you want today to be different, you will need to do things differently. Seems simple, yet many of us find ourselves doing the same “stuff” day after day, week after week, year after year after year and then are disappointed when we do not see significant change.
So, how can you jump out of this rut?
- Find a quiet place where you can THINK uninterrupted
- Decide what you want. What you really, really, really want. If you could do anything . . .
- Then determine why you have not been able to achieve this in the past. What are you lacking . . . motivation, discipline, organization, skills, support, direction?
- Make a decision today to “fix” what you are missing so you can achieve your goals.
- Schedule your first step – no matter how small! Get started TODAY!!
- Block off time in your calendar to create a full action plan with steps, resources, deadlines, evaluation segments, measurable outcomes, goals, accountability, and rewards.
You deserve to live the life you want to lead even if it is not the life you are currently leading.
Sometimes this plan gets derailed at #4. We can identify what we want. We can identify where we went off track in the past. But, we get stuck on finding resources. Where can you turn to for help?
- Pick the brain of someone that has achieved what you want and see if she will mentor you.
- If you are lacking skills – read, listen, and learn until you master them.
It is up to YOU to make your life different.
You have many people in your corner for support, but ultimately the choices are yours to make. What can you do today to make your life better tomorrow?
Lisa Crilley Mallis, lover of chocolate, the beach, and country music and owner of SystemSavvy Consulting, LLC is a time strategy visionary. She is a master at cutting to the heart of overwhelm to help you regain control of your schedule and experience life. Lisa assists professionals in the direct selling industry implement concrete techniques that can be applied immediately to their daily lives. Her enthusiasm for finding solutions is contagious, and her commitment to empowering you to find success is transformational. For additional time saving techniques visit www.SystemSavvyConsulting.com.