Shawn took a diagnosis of type one insulin dependent diabetes, and a long family history of Huntington’s Disease as fuel to start living his dream life.
Shawn has since designed his life to be filled with all the things he loves, including:
- Speaking to thousands of people living with diabetes every year
- Hosting his own uplifting show: “The Sugar Free Shawn” show
- Becoming an author
- Running a children’s charity
- Running 3 marathons in support of diabetes research
And much more.
Shawn will also share how you can get started on designing your ideal future, with three simple words.
Join us for this sweet, fun and inspirational conversation by clicking on the Listen Now button below for the replay or Get Podcast to download on iTunes.
About our Guest
Shawn Shepheard is a speaker, advocate and champion for those who want to live happy and well with diabetes.
Diagnosed with type one diabetes in 1997, Shawn knows first hand the challenges that face those living with diabetes; however, by sharing personal examples and experiences from his own journey, he has inspired many people to push the boundaries of what is possible in their own lives.
Shawn was awarded the National Advocacy Leadership Award and Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal to honor the significant contributions and achievements he has made to the field. He has spoken to over 10,000 people across North America, both those living with diabetes and the health care providers who care for them.
When Shawn is not out and about sharing his inspiring message you’ll find him playing hockey (or cheering for his favorite team), running marathons in support of Team Diabetes or spending time with his family in his hometown of Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
To learn more about Shawn, visit SugarFreeShawn.com.
- Read more of Shawn’s stories of surviving diabetes plus a lot of other entertaining & crazy stuff in his book, Life is Sweet.
- Get the free workbook Shawn mentioned – it’s at SugarFreeShawn.com.
- Watch the first episode of the Sugar Free Shawn Show for more about “What’s Your Why” here.
- Here are a couple of Shawn’s favorite quotes – enjoy!
- “The best way to predict your future is to create it.” (this quote is attributed to both Abraham Lincoln & Peter Drucker, depending on where you come across it)
- “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” ~Wayne Gretzky
- We did a short After the Show recording for you. Click on the player below to listen now:http://kellygalea.com/audio/ShawnShepheardAfterTheShow.mp3
- And finally, Shawn has a question for you:
What three things are you going to commit to doing today to move you closer to your dreams?
What’s your favorite take-away from this episode? Share your comments below.
Want to check out more episodes of our radio shows? Click here.