In the last post, we covered a few reasons to host your own podcast or online radio show as a part of your marketing strategy. Now let’s look at some of the specific benefits podcasts and radio shows have over more conventional marketing methods.
- Ease of UsePodcasts and online radio shows are easy to set up and deliver. Thanks to today’s technology and service providers, we no longer need to have expert knowledge of show production and broadcasting to host a show. What at first glance may look complex and complicated is actually straightforward and simple to implement.
- AffordableYou can host a podcast or online radio show at low or no cost to you. Many podcasting and internet radio services are available for free! You can also market your show on your website, blogs and social media sites, all of which you can do at low or no cost.
- No Geographical LimitationsYou’re not limited by geographical location in broadcasting a show. With a telephone line and internet access, you can host your show from anywhere. Your audience needs only internet access to listen to your show. You can reach out to anybody in the world who has internet access!
- Time FlexibilityPodcasts and online radio shows offer you and your listeners flexibility of time. You can broadcast live, record your episodes, publish them on your website or blog, and syndicate your content to iTunes and other podcast directories through web feeds (RSS). Listeners can tune in for your live show, listen to recorded episodes on your website or blog, or subscribe to your show feed and have the information delivered to them on their computer, notepad, smart phone and other portable media players. This allows even more people to listen to your message.
- Fast Track Your Expert StatusHosting your own show is a quick way for you to earn expert status in your field or industry. Your audience will quickly learn of the knowledge, expertise and connections you have in your profession. You can further fast track your expert status by incorporating a Question and Answer (Q&A) section in your show. Having an audience experience how you expertly handle questions is a great benefit to you, and to them!
- Turn Your Show Recordings Into ProductsA carefully designed podcast or online radio show can be turned into different products you can use to help build and grow your business. For example, if you have your show recording transcribed, the transcription can be formatted and designed into an eBook or special report you can sell or use as a marketing tool. You can also turn your edited transcription into an article or a series of articles that you can post on your blog, use in your newsletter or upload to article submission sites.
- Expand Your NetworkPodcasts and online radio show help you to grow your contact list and strengthen relationships with the people on them. And of course, by sharing your authentic self, your show can help create a bond between you and your audience. Over time, your regular listeners will become your tribe and community.
As you can see, podcasts and radio shows offer many benefits over several conventional marketing tools. There are immediate rewards you can expect from hosting your own show. If you’re considering hosting a podcast or online radio show, determine how you and your business will benefit:
- Is easy to conduct.
- Is low-cost/no-cost.
- Gives me bigger reach (being able to target non-local market).
- No need to have a physical location.
- Allows time flexibility.
- Helps me to quickly gain expert status.
- Can be turned into a product (or products!) later.
- Helps grow my contact list of potential clients.
We’re talking about this and more on the next episode of the Creative in Business podcast. Click here to learn more.