How do you get and keep ideal clients? By designing and building the perfect KLT sandwich! You’ve heard of a BLT, but what’s this KLT? K-L-T refers to the Know – Like – Trust factor essential to building and growing your business.
How do you make a KLT sandwich? You start with your target market, apply your Keep in Touch strategy throughout, layer in Know, Like and Trust, and top it with your ideal client. Ready to make the perfect KLT sandwich so you can get and keep your ideal clients? Just follow these 7 simple steps:
- Identify your target market. Attracting ideal clients starts with identifying your target market. If you don’t have a clear definition of your target market, your quest to get and keep ideal clients will be daunting.
- Develop a strategy to Keep in Touch with your target market. Your strategy should include ways to reach out to current clients and connections as well as prospective clients.
- Know who your ideal clients are, the problems you solve or needs you satisfy for them, and the reasons they buy (and reasons they don’t). Also allow them to get to know you. How do you help them? What results do they get? What makes you different than other businesses like yours?
- Nurture Like by demonstrating value. Offer helpful tips and ideas on your web site, blog, and in an email newsletter. Offer workshops and classes, at live events and via teleseminar or webinar. Share articles you’ve found helpful and interesting. Build the Like layer by building your relationships.
- Cultivate Trust by demonstrating your expertise. Become a trusted advisor, sharing knowledge and ideas your clients and prospective clients can use immediately. Establish credibility through articles and books, interviews and classes, and client testimonials.
- Enhance your Keep in Touch strategy. Provide ways for your ideal clients to continue to learn about you as well as to learn from you.
- Consistently look for ways to help your ideal clients by providing services and solutions they are looking for. Want to know exactly what they’re looking for? Ask them! Continually seek opportunities to build rapport, request feedback, and explore potential service and package offerings to satisfy your clients’ cravings.
So much like any task, even one as simple as building a sandwich, you need a plan to work from. Using the KLT reference, you can get and keep ideal clients by reminding yourself that every contact you make should reference either the Know, Like or Trust factor essential to building relationships and growing your business.